Last week Chicagoans were treated to five free dance concerts courtesy of the 2013 Chicago Dancing Festival (CDF). For the third year, I was one of CDF’s official bloggers covering the performances. Here’s a recap of the events as well as some awesome performance photos by the lovely Cheryl Mann*.
Huge THANKS to Lar Lubovitch, Jay Franke, David Herro, Evin Eubanks, The Silverman Group, venues, sponsors and all the artists who shared their beauty and talent. It was another great fest packed full of amazing performances. It is one of my favorite, most exciting, exhausting and inspiring week of the year. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do to top it next year.
*Photo credits: all photos by Cheryl Mann.
1. Joffrey Ballet’s Victoria Jaiani and Fabrice Calmels in “Son of Chamber Symphony.”
2. Tamako Miyazaki and Brooklyn Mack in “Diana and Actaeon” pas.
3. Giordano Dance Chicago’s Maeghan McHale and Martin Ortiz Tapia in “Two Become Three.”
4. Chicago Human Rhythm Project in “In the Beginning…”.
5. Tamako Miyazaki and Brooklyn Mack in “Diana and Actaeon” pas.
6. Hubbard Street Dance Chicago dancers Jesse Bechard, Johnny McMillan and David Schultz in “Casi-Casa”.
7. Joffrey Ballet in “Episode 31″.
8. Joffrey Ballet in “Interplay”.
9 & 10. Joffrey Ballet in “Episode 31″.
11. Joffrey Ballet dancers John Mark Giragosian and Anastacia Holden in “Tarantella”.
12. Philadanco in “Wake Up”.
13. Hubbard Street Dance Chicago dancers Johnny McMillan and Alice Klock in “Little mortal jump”.
14. Brian Brooks in “I’m Going to Explode”.
15. Chicago Human Rhythm Project in “In the Beginning…”.