The shitastic year of 2020 is finally coming to an end, and while I have no idea what the new year will bring, I have to believe it will be more positive and hopeful.
Here are a few things that happened in 2020, in no particular order.
- I voted.
- I lost weight.
- I gained weight.
- I watched a ton of Beat Bobby Flay.
- I worked from home.
- I adopted a puppy.
- I lost my job. (Well, I know where it is, I just don’t have it anymore.)
- I baked bread.
- We lost RBG.
- We lost John Lewis.
- We lost Ann Reinking.
- I lost my Aunt Pauline.
- I went to Saugatuck.
- I turned 52. Woo?
- I ordered a LOT of Instacart.
- I attempted to cook various Asian foods to varying degrees of success.
- I perfected “my” chili recipe.
- My new uniform is a turtleneck and pajama pants.
- Slippers are still my favorite footwear.
- I watched 6 versions of The Nutcracker. None live.
- Biden/Harris fucking won the election!
- I started a podcast. (New episodes coming soon!)
Cheers to a new year and whatever it may bring! Be kind to yourself and others. See you – hopefully – on the flipside. Peace.