My special guest for this episode is English National Ballet Principal dancer Jeffrey Cirio.
Jeffrey grew up in Pennsylvania and trained at the Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet, Boston Ballet School, and Orlando Ballet School. He went on to join Boston Ballet, American Ballet Theatre (ABT), and English National Ballet (ENB). After we recorded this episode, Cirio announced he will be returning to Boston Ballet next season.
He has danced a vast repertory of classical works such as Frederick Ashton’s Cinderella, Rudolf Nureyev’s Don Quixote, John Cranko’s Romeo and Juliet, and numerous ballets by George Balanchine including A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Symphony in C, Jewels, Prodigal Son, Tarantella, and The Four Temperaments. He has also danced works by Alexander Ekman, Jorma Elo, William Forsythe, Jiří Kylián, Alex Ratmansky, and Christopher Wheeldon, among many others.
He competed in numerous competitions including Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP) and International Ballet Competition (IBC) winning medals and awards and was nominated for a Benois de la Danse Award in 2017.
- Akram Khan’s Creature trailer
- ENB Live Masterclass on Akram Khan’s Creature
- William Forsythe – Playlist (Track 2)
- William Forsythe – Blake Works
- Joffrey Academy Winning Works 2016 preview video
- Dylan Gutierrez
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (JKO) School
- Lia Cirio
- Cirio Collective
- Mikko Nessenen
- Tamara Rojo
- Akram Khan
- Akram Khan’s Giselle
- Akram Khan’s Until the Lions
- Akram Khan’s Outwitting the Devil
- Georg Büchner’s Woyzeck
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
- Cape Dance Festival
- The Joyce Theater
- The Temper Trap